It was in 1923 that Harry Field set up his own construction company in Wellington, H.G.Field&Co. Ltd.
The first job came in almost immediately...an opportunity to build the Public Trust offices in Blenheim. Then later that year the company was given the task of
refurbishing and stengthening the Wellington Town Hall. That included taking off the old clock tower, as even then it was considered an earthquake risk (today, of course, we are specialists
in earthquake strengthening
The company has been active ever since. It became Field & Hall in 1963 when Alan Hall came on board as director. A feature from the beginning has been a firm family
orientation and the constant thread through the years has been the Field family. Harley Field took over from Harry Field, and Harley's son Richard is the current
In the modern era, the business is in the hands of the Field family, who continue to nurture the tradition of pride recognised throughout the Wellington
building industry. Part of that pride is a down to earth commitment to customer satisfaction and quality work, which never goes out of fashion.